Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 10: Khobar and Lena’s



Wednesday was a much-needed down day.  We spent the morning doing our last-gasp Khobar shopping before we headed to meet Jan and Hania at the Reunion House in Dhahran and head over to Lena’s for lunch.
Lena is an interior decorator, so her home is absolutely beautiful!  We looked at photos of her family and tried to get caught up on everyone.  She had prepared a fabulous lunch of non-Middle Eastern dishes for us, thinking we were probably full to the gills with traditional foods.  So true!  She’s a great cook.  We need to remember to get her apple pie dessert recipe -- it had cream cheese in the middle of it and was outstanding.
After lunch, we lounged around the old Rec area while I tried to track down my repaired high-heeled, Saudi sandals before the evening dinner and fashion show started.  I had no luck -- there was too much going on in preparation for the show, so I will have to have someone bring them to me.
Finally found Al Zamil’s in Khobar open and bought some fabric.  Al Zamil’s is a sewing and craft store that I recall visiting nearly every time we made a trip to Khobar when I was a young girl.  I vividly remember looking through all the buttons and threads in the store which is now located in a multi-story building on the Corniche.  We had dinner at Latif Bakery again, then headed back to the hotel to pack up for our departure the next evening and get some sleep before getting up early again for one last trip...to Hofuf.



No comments:

Post a Comment